I am qualified to issue a Non Domestic EPC or Commercial EPC which can be used for a variety of uses. I cover all West Midlands, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Oxfordshire, Bucks, Berks, Surrey and Greater London and some surrounding areas. I do sometimes go further out depending on how much the order value is.
I cover London on alternate weekends and if I'm not working on the weekend you need me, I have a very good friend who you can use. We used to work together and he's a really good, honest guy. Some of the major towns I cover are listed on this page.
What Is A Non Domestic EPC or Commercial EPC?
A Non-Domestic EPC or Commercial EPC is a document that contains information about a property's energy usage and typical ongoing energy costs. It also contains recommendations about how to save money by lowering energy usage.
An EPC will contain a properties Energy Efficiency Rating which is measured from A to G with G being the least efficient and A being the most efficient. Read more in our Energy Ratings Explained guide.
Do I Need A Non Domestic EPC or Commercial EPC For My Business?
I am usually asked to carry out an EPC Certificate or Energy Performance Certificate for the following reasons:
- for a rental of a business property
- for a sale of a business property
Note, you must have a valid EPC in place before you start to market your property either for sale or for rental and both are a legal requirement.
Where Must I Display My Non Domestic EPC or Commercial EPC
You must display your EPC by fixing it to the wall of your business premises if all of these apply:
- the total useful floor area is more than 500 square metres
- the building is visited by the public
- an EPC has been produced for the building's sale, rental or construction
Who Can Produce An EPC Certificate or Energy Performance Certificate?
Only a Commercial Energy Assessor can produce a valid EPC Certificate for you. I am registered with Elmhurst Energy and able to produce these certificates for you.
What Does An EPC Certificate or Energy Performance Certificate Look Like?
Please see here.
What Does An EPC Certificate or Energy Performance Certificate Cost?
Prices for the rest of my services are here.
How Long Does a Commercial EPC Certificate or Energy Performance Certificate Last?
10 years. Please see here.
Buildings That Don’t Need An EPC
There are some exceptions. The following buildings do not need an EPC:
- places of worship
- temporary buildings that will be used for less than 2 years
- stand-alone buildings with total useful floor space of less than 50 square metres
- industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural buildings that don’t use a lot of energy
- some buildings that are due to be demolished
- holiday accommodation that’s rented out for less than 4 months a year or is let under a licence to occupy
- listed buildings – you should get advice from your local authority conservation officer if the work would alter the building’s character
- residential buildings intended to be used less than 4 months a year