I am qualified and trained to carry out a gas boiler service. I cover all West Midlands, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Oxfordshire, Bucks, Berks, Surrey and Greater London and some surrounding areas. I do sometimes go further out depending on how much the order value is.
I cover London on alternate weekends and if I'm not working on the weekend you need me, I have a very good friend who you can use. We used to work together and he's a really good, honest guy. Some of the major towns I cover are listed on this page.
Regular boiler servicing is highly recommended to ensure your boiler is running efficiently and, more importantly, safely. If a boiler is not properly maintained it can present a serious health risk to your family or tenant. Carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal.
Why Do I Need An Annual Gas Boiler Service?
Most people have their boilers serviced so they run more efficiently and save them money in the long run with lower running cost and fewer breakdowns. Regularly serviced boilers break down less – that's just common sense. Another reason why customers have a gas boiler service is to maintain their manufacture warranty or guarantee. All boiler manufacturers provide guarantees for their boilers for a number of years but this is only valid if the boiler is serviced on an annual basis.
Who Can Service My Boiler?
It is a misconception that only the manufacturer or the original installer can service your gas boiler. All registered gas engineers can service all types and makes of gas boiler. In the same way, a car mechanic can service all types of car.
What Does A Boiler Service Consist Of?
A gas boiler service consists of the following:
- inspection of all safety controls to ensure they are working safely
- full internal inspection of the boiler
- full inspection of boiler casing and seals to ensure there are no defects or leaks present
- a test to determine the gas rating/input of the boiler to ensure it is working efficiently
- an adjustment to the gas valve to provide further efficiency – if applicable
- a gas analyser is used to test the 'emissions' of your flue to ensure the boiler is burning safely
- cleaning of internal parts as necessary
- a safety report to document what has been done
- the signing of the boiler 'benchmark' service book to prove a service was undertaken
NB. When servicing a gas boiler, parts are not necessarily changed like they are on car services. Often, if faults are identified and there are obvious leaks then seals and washers are changed. Most competent gas engineers will have these consumables in their van and won't charge for them.
Vaillant Boiler Service
Vaillant is a very popular boiler make. I am able to service this type of boiler and my experience of these boilers is very high.
Worcester Boiler Service
Worcester Bosch is the most popular boiler make. I have extensive experience in servicing this type of boiler.
How Do I Get A Boiler Service?
If you live in either the West Midlands, Warwickshire or Worcestershire then I am able to service your boiler for you. You can book in your job by contacting me.
What Does A Boiler Service Cost?
Prices for the rest of my services are here